|( 1 new from $851.75. Last updated 6 minutes ago. )|
* Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon.ca at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
* PCPartPicker may receive compensation for purchases made at participating retailers linked on this site. This compensation does not affect what products or prices are displayed, or the order of prices listed. Learn more here.
ATX Mid Tower
Side Panel Window
Power Supply Shroud
Front Panel USB
Motherboard Form Factor
- Micro ATX
- Mini ITX
Full-Height Expansion Slots
Half-Height Expansion Slots
Maximum Video Card Length
- 280 mm / 11.024" With Drive Cages
- 395 mm / 15.551" Without Drive Cages
- 470 mm x 210 mm x 465 mm
- 18.504" x 8.268" x 18.307"
Internal 2.5" Bays
Internal 3.5" Bays
- 45.895 L
- 1.621 ft³
- 18 points
- 40 months ago
from completed build Room to Grow
- Great construction materials and build quality at price point
- Well thought out, flexible layout (mostly) with decent cable management
- Integrated fan and LED controls
- All-rear-mounted SSD/HDD setup makes for a clean build
- Inluded 120mm fans are relatively quiet
- Dark metallic gray (Anthracite Gray) finish is gorgeous
- That gorgeous finish picks up prints and scratches far too easily
- There are only two 120mm fans included (1 front intake, 1 rear exhaust), which with a CPU cooler gives you negative case pressure out-of-the-box
- There is no clearance at all for top-mount radiators (or even some 140mm fans)
This is a great budget mid-tower. The basement, all-rear-mounted SSD/HDD setup, grommeted pass-throughs, and built-in velcro cable ties make for a really clean build, with room for whatever hardware configuration you can imagine throwing at a mid-level rig (air, AIO, or custom liquid cooled). The sound dampening materials, integrated fan controller, and PSU isolation allow for good thermal performance at near silence when built with acoustic-optimized hardware. Nearly perfect…
I find it hard to believe that, even at this price point, Phanteks couldn’t have included 3 fans (2 front intake, 1 rear exhaust) for out-of-the-box positive case pressure. And while they were at it, those 3 fans could all have been their own outstanding PH-F120SP models, which offer superior airflow, quieter operation, and rubber grommets at the corner mounting points to avoid transferring vibration through the chassis.
I don’t install radiators at all in my personal rigs, but it would be nice to offer top-mounted radiators on customer builds. That’s just not an option in this case. There is NO clearance up top for anything more than the 4/8-pin EPS connector, or maybe 120/140mm fans on their own.
And a true powder coat would eliminate the ease with which the exterior finish picks up prints and scratches. In fact, if memory serves, Phanteks already learned this lesson and then (quickly) implemented the solution on their Evolv series. Seems an egregious oversight to repeat the mistake.
It’s still a great budget case, in fact it’s probably my favorite sub-$100 mid-tower, “silent” or otherwise. And with a little attention to its (admittedly few) shortcomings, it could be an absolutely perfect budget enclosure for quiet IT or content creation workstations.
- 13 points
- 34 months ago
from completed build My upgraded bang-for-the-buck quiet build
Arguably one of the best bang-for-the-buck budget gaming cases. The sound dampening helps as does the design to hide airflow noise, but as a result, air intake from the front is restricted - but, you can stack up 3 120mm fans in the front to help. Solid build quality all around, dust filters everywhere, and a nice built-in fan controller (up to 3 3-pin fans) & rgb lighting strip.
- View Compatible CPU Coolers
- View Compatible Fan Controllers
- View Compatible Motherboards
- View Compatible Optical Drives
- View Compatible Power Supplies
- View Compatible Sound Cards
- View Compatible Storage
- View Compatible Video Cards
- View Compatible Wired Network Adapters
- View Compatible Wireless Network Adapters