|$2061.99||Out of stock||$2061.99+||Buy|
|( 1 new from $5117.12. Last updated 34 minutes ago. )|
|* Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon.ca at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.|
* PCPartPicker may receive compensation for purchases made at participating retailers linked on this site. This compensation does not affect what products or prices are displayed, or the order of prices listed. Learn more here.
Xeon E5-2658 V3
Maximum Supported Memory
Includes CPU Cooler
- 12 x 32 kB Instruction
- 12 x 32 kB Data
12 x 256 kB
1 x 30 MB
- 11 points
- 39 months ago
from completed build Rainbow Unicorn - 12 core Xeon budget build
For the money, this CPU is an awesome deal. It runs cool and is stable. For everyday use, the per clock core speed is lower and you won't notice any improvement is some tasks. Some tasks may even appear to be slower. It's awesome for video rendering, which is what I got it for. I would place it between the 6700K and the 6800K for video editing. If you got the cash, the 6800K (6 core) would be slightly better. If you really have cash, then the 6900K (8 core) will be considerably better. However, for a budget build, the 12 core 2658 is great.
My other systems:
- 4790K overclocked for video editing
- i5 2500K overclocked with 32Gb DDR3 for web browser, email
- Pentium G3258 heavily overclocked for Linux development
- i7 5500u dual-core in laptop for client meetings
See my system build, Rainbow Unicorn, for benchmark info.
If you already have a 6700K, no need to upgrade to the Xeon 2658. However, if you haven't decided on your CPU yet, the Xeon 12 core is a solid choice. If you're using an ATX form factor, consider getting a dual-CPU motherboard for potentially expanding to 24 physical cores in the future. It's a ton of fun to use.
I have a small 3% overclock on the Xeon by adjusting the base clock up and it's stable.
- Intel Xeon E5-2658 V3 (@2.34GHz)
- GeForce GTX 950