add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Newegg sale on July 28

Aopisa
  • 57 months ago

Just got an email from Newegg:

We are widely known for fighting patent trolls when most others choose to settle. Our latest victory over a patent troll who claimed to own the rights to basic online encryption is another notch on our belt and we want to celebrate with you.

On Tuesday, July 28 Newegg will run a 24-hour celebratory sale, offering deep discounts on some of today's hottest technology products. Come back Tuesday and snap up some great deals.

We believe taking on the trolls is the right thing to do. Their attacks are not limited to big companies, but also small companies and, in the end, customers pay. You pay. Our victories mean savings and, on Tuesday, you can enjoy them.

Your Friends at Newegg

Comments

• 57 months ago
  • 4 points

Good for newegg.

• 57 months ago
  • 2 points

Newegg.com has generally good email promotions and this is probably going to be better than prime day and BB Black Friday. Will it be a firesale? No of course not but you might be able to get that 750w PSU that you've been eyeballing for $35 or maybe 16 gigs of ram for $80. Who knows?

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Hope that it doesn't turn out to be another one of their ******** "sales". You know, the ones where they claim that products are more expensive than they actually were just so they can claim they are marked down, but then charge an oddly high amount for shipping anyways?

Like these HyperX headphones. They claim the normal price is $99, marked down to $79. NCIX has them for $79 constantly. (NCIX also does a ******** "sale" thing, but if it ever says an item is no longer on sale you can just clear your cache and it'll be back on "sale".)

The electronics business is full of **** for their pricing.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Got to be a informed consumer now days :) Buy smart, know the market, etc..

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Does Newegg always have the lowest price? No, but I find they often adjust prices more frequently thand other online retailers. You just have to be patient.

I think that with Newegg sales you can often find some really good deals if you dig around. By watching and waiting for sales, I built a system (mostly from Newegg) that saved me well over $100 over anyone else's lowest price.

When I built my system I joined their Premier program for $19.99 for three months. I got true 2 day shipping and no hassle returns. That definitely paid for itself in just the first few orders.

I ordered my case from NCIX, the shipping was ridiculous and it took FOREVER to get to me. I don't think I would order from them again. Their low prices are definitely negated by the shipping costs.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

NCIX in the U.S. sounds very different than Canada. You also may have ordered on a Friday or Thursday, the end of the week when shipping gets delayed because carriers don't always operate on weekends. NCIX also offers free shipping on orders over 50$ CAD, but in the US they offer it for orders over 150$. Newegg rarely offers free shipping, and their shipping costs tend to be higher than competitors like NCIX or Superbiiz, even Microcenter.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Pay $29.99 = free shipping 1-3 business days for a year :) at the EGG

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

You are probably correct with the cross border differences. Newegg offers free shipping on most items and many other items have $1.99 shipping here in the U.S.

I ordered an MSI GTX 750 a few weeks ago for $44.99 while the same card was $180 on the Canada site!

BTW that same card is $49.99 on sale today with free shipping. In Canada it is $114.99 with $11.99 shipping.

So, it looks like the conclusion is NCIX for Canadian shoppers and Newegg for those in the U.S.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

The 5820k is already on sale this week for $288. I wonder if they can do better than the caliber of a sale with other products.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

It has started. My newegg web page updated :)

http://www.newegg.com/When-We-Win-You-Win/EventSaleStore/ID-185

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

anything good?

• 57 months ago
  • 0 points

got the email also

TUESDAY July 28

this is probably a reaction to Amazon Prime Day and Best Buy July Black Friday.

I have more hope in Newegg to deliver an Item or 2 I am looking for :)

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I was watching Newegg on Amazon Prime Day and they were matching Amazon on some of the items I was interested in. For example, Newegg had an MSI GTX 750 OC for $64.99 ($94.99-$30.00 rebate) Amazon had it for $94.99 no rebate. On Prime day Amazon dropped that GPU to $74.99. Newegg followed suit and I picked up that card for $44.99 with the rebate. The next day Newegg raised the price on it again.

I am hoping for something better than Prime Day and BB Black Friday. Newegg usually doesn't disappoint.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Either that or it's just a reaction to winning over a patent troll like they just explained the reason was for.....not everything is a lie or conspiracy.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube