add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

8320 upgrade?

Dam5968
  • 61 months ago

I have the fx-8320 running at 4.2, would it be worth it to upgrade to a 8350 or 8370? Also, my gpu is a 270x would a 280x be better than a second 270x crossfired?

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Change the 8320 i think is not worth it, and de 2con 270x will be run better than a 280x :)

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

So keep 8320 and xfire?

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

Yep, its worth :)

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you upgrading from there? I wouldn't spend the money on upgrading the CPU just yet.

Also, i you buy a 280x now, you can xfire one later.

Or, can you pick up a 290? xfire one of those later?

You're going to run into issues sooner than later with the 270x, even in xfire. I'd look long term and get the best GPU you can afford, and sell off the 270x for some extra cash.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks I will keep the 8320 and upgrade to a 280x or 290 depending on the price difference

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

You're welcome. I just did a similar upgrade for my son's computer. Kept the 6300 and sold off the 260x for a 290.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube