add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Have I finally found "The One"? - First Gaming Build

OccamAsylum

59 months ago

After asking for help and switching out parts here and there based on advice from fellow users on this lovely website... I think I've finally designed a build that I can be happy with. I feel like this one has real potential. What do you think? :)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pj2JGX

Edit: I might switch to a full tower case. I went with the i7 and 16gb of ram because I plan to get into content creation.

Comments

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

I would scrap the i7 first of all because the only difference between i5 and i7 is hyperthreading which no current games support. Unless you want to overclock, go with i5 and the GTX 980 but apart from that a very nice build!

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Actually, what is your budget for the PC? Without OS etc just the PC?

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Ideally I want to stay under $2k, but I decided to get a more expensive monitor. I believe it was around 1800 before I added the monitor.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

I will update that I plan to get into content creation. That's why I went with the i7 and 16gb of ram. :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube