add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Spec me a 780 gaming rig

deadpresidents4
  • 84 months ago

maybe around 1.4/1.5

Predominant use will be high end gaming

Need OS and best gaming monitor 144hz

no overclocking will be done

don't need keyboard

Should be silent

Comments

• 84 months ago
  • 1 point

okay heres what i came up with...

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1bNL1

i didn't pick an unlocked processor because you said you were not going to overclock. hope it helps

• 84 months ago
  • 1 point

Good build. Although I just don't see the point in a $650 video card, with a locked i5. (Not saying it is your fault, I am just questioning the OP's reasoning.)

• 84 months ago
  • 1 point

I also would like the best 27 inch 144 hz monitor (doesn't need to be in the budget)

• 84 months ago
  • 1 point

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00906HM6K/?tag=pcpapi-20

Currently that is the best I could find with a 144hz refresh rate.

If you lowered it down to 120hz, than you would open yourself up to a more diverse market.

• 84 months ago
  • 1 point

Please make a spec which you would find on equal level

with a 27 inch monitor and OS

• 84 months ago
  • 1 point

Probably much more balanced for the budget you are looking at. Honestly a 780 wouldn't be needed for 1080p gaming. And I found a 144hz monitor for you with 1ms response time, but it is a 24 inch. If you can live with the fact that you are losing 3 inches on your monitor (which is half the price of a 120hz 27") and the fact that your GFX card is the next best thing (which is also $250 cheaper) then I think you have a good build on your hands.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor $199.99 @ Microcenter
Motherboard MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $177.99 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $75.58 @ NCIX US
Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk $129.98 @ Outlet PC
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card $399.99 @ Amazon
Case Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case $74.99 @ NCIX US
Power Supply Rosewill Capstone 650W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply $72.00 @ Newegg
Optical Drive LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer $15.98 @ Outlet PC
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) $99.99 @ Newegg
Monitor Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor $249.99 @ Newegg
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available. $1476.48
Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-06-30 17:14 EDT-0400
  • 84 months ago
  • 1 point

Rememer guy, he is likely to want to achieve 100+ fps MINIMUM in order to justify purhcasing monitor with high refresh rate. OP was on the right track to start with and downgrading the GPU in this situation is not ideal for someone who is unlikely to run system beyond spec.

The monitor does not need be included in price, either ;)

• 84 months ago
  • 1 point

Damn. I forgot about that the monitor wasn't included in the price. Probably two 770's would suit his needs in that case.

• 84 months ago
  • 1 point

I was going to submit a part list...but the problem is you want a silent system.

A silent PC with your intended use and budget just isn't practical. You could, however, easily build a quiet system.

The EVGA GTX 780 3GB Superclocked comes with the same superior (and quiet) blower as the GTX Titan and I believe a great choice.

You said you want a 27" 144Hz monitor and their is really only one choice: Asus.

Now if you need help choosing the rest of the components I'd be glad to help but first I must ask if you will ever possibly install another expansion card other than a GPU?

I only ask because that will determine whether or not you should go with a mITX or mATX motherboard.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube