add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need to get Price down by $80+

Hiherbs
  • 84 months ago

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/19Dei

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/19Dei/by_merchant/

Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/19Dei/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.98 @ Outlet PC)

Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($93.49 @ Amazon)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.99 @ NCIX US)

Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card ($229.98 @ SuperBiiz)

Case: NZXT Phantom (Black/Orange) ATX Full Tower Case ($129.98 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)

Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Microcenter)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)

Total: $984.37

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-06-25 21:01 EDT-0400)

I'd like to get my price down to <$900 I want to keep my: Case and CPU. I'd prefer Radeon GPU's. I plan to OC GPU and CPU Any Question Please Ask. Much Appreciated! Thanks

~Hiherbs

Comments

• 84 months ago
  • 1 point

Well if you're really don't want to change too much I can't see how it would go down. Are you going to use it for gaming or video editing, or just for general use?

• 84 months ago
  • 1 point

im going to use it for gaming and photoshop also general use too but mostly gaming.

• 84 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 84 months ago
  • 1 point

if you're not using it for gaming you could get the

XFX FX-777A-ZNJ4 Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB

to knock a $100 of the price but still keeping it a powerful machine.

even then you could still game on it, just on lower settings

• 84 months ago
  • 1 point

This is a tough one. If I were looking to drop $80 off the price, the first things I'd look to change are the Video Card, Case, and PSU (if it was more than what's necessary).

I did a little bit of research on GPUs and, if tasked with the decision myself, I'd boil it down to a GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB or a Radeon HD 7850 2GB. The Gigabyte version of the Nvidea is the cheaper of the two. That change alone would bring you down to about $927. Both cards are very similar in performance. I believe the 7850 barely edges the 650 Ti out, but it's also about $20 more right now.

In addition to the GPU, if you downgraded your PSU to a Corsair CX500 - which should still suit your needs - the total cost of the build would be about $905. However, you ARE getting a pretty good deal on the one you have selected, and I don't know if you plan to run a dual GPU setup in the future.

Also, for what it's worth, you could save $50 right away just by changing the case. I didn't include that, though, because you specifically mentioned you want to keep it. :)

Here's the build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/xdeevex/saved/1Qx7

edit: last thought on case

• 84 months ago
  • 1 point

There is a corsair vengeance same one black and $10 off so its at $894 but i'd like to OC both GPU and CPU(cpu later) so is 500w enough?

edit: i'd love to keep the NZXT case

edit2: whats the difference 1gb and 2gb GPU? what does it do?

• 84 months ago
  • 1 point

I looked up OC stats for both cards here: Radeon 7850 & GTX 650 Ti Boost. It looks like they'll both use no more than 280W. Manufacturer specs recommend a 500w for the HD7850 and 400w for the 650 Ti Boost. When picking the PSU, I looked at the power usage according to the PC Part Picker builder (at the upper right)and went a little higher, taking the OC into consideration.

For GPUs: I've been told you can never go wrong with more VRAM. Although, I've also been told it isn't always necessary. From what I've read, many new games (i.e. FarCry 3 and Crysis 3) will definitely utilize close to, if not all, 2GB of VRAM when settings are maxed.

I also want to add that I'm not an expert in any way. Coincidentally, I've been working on an i5 build similar to yours, so I've been researching a lot of this stuff for the past few weeks. Main difference is that I don't plan to OC. I'd definitely like to see what other people have to say about potential options you may have in lowering the cost of your build.

• 84 months ago
  • 1 point

so i should keep the 500w PSU and stick with the 7870 2gb VRAM?

~Hiherbs

Edit: this is what i've got it: New

PS i gtg eat lunch brb

• 84 months ago
  • 1 point

It looks like you'll be okay. It looks like it will take about 300w (here) at load, and AMD recommends a 500w for that card.

Does anyone else have a recommendation for PSU?

• 84 months ago
  • 1 point

Not a freaking coolmax one lol...

• 84 months ago
  • 1 point

Lets avoid a power supply we can't find any reviews on. It may be fine, but until hardwaresecrets or someone takes it apart, looks at the capacitors and soldering, I wouldn't want to chance it. Way too important a component to take any risk at all with the quality. The power supply is actually more important to your build than CPU, or HDD, or GPU. None of those components have the capacity to turn your entire system into a brick, now do they. :).

You can save some bucks and flip to an AMD build. The FX8350 is a stellar chip, and it works fine for gaming. It will overclock just fine and work well with photoshop and other CPU intensive applications. The saved money can be applied toward a better power supply. Pick any one of these (sorted by price).

The intel chips are faster clock for clock, but AMD did good work with the vishera chips. They are plenty fast enough to not bottleneck your gaming, and they go great with AMD GPU's.

Like This:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Type Item Price
CPU AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor $179.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard ASRock 970 EXTREME4 ATX AM3+ Motherboard $84.99 @ Amazon
Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $59.99 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $64.99 @ NCIX US
Video Card Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card $214.99 @ Newegg
Case NZXT Phantom (Black/Orange) ATX Full Tower Case $129.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply $69.99 @ NCIX US
Optical Drive LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer $17.23 @ Microcenter
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) $90.91 @ Amazon
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available. $911.06
Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-06-26 17:30 EDT-0400

Have fun and happy gaming!

• 84 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks but I've come up with this, it's said that intel is better than AMD for gaming.

Nothing against AMD its just the performance for gaming and thanks for the new PSU suggestion!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor $219.98 @ Outlet PC
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Pro4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard $93.49 @ Amazon
Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $59.99 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $64.98 @ Outlet PC
Video Card Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card $199.99 @ Newegg
Case NZXT Phantom (Black/Orange) ATX Full Tower Case $129.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply $37.99 @ Newegg
Optical Drive LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer $15.98 @ Outlet PC
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) $89.98 @ Outlet PC
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available. $910.36
Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-06-26 18:37 EDT-0400

~Hiherbs

• 84 months ago
  • 1 point

That's about as good as it will get for ~900. Two thumbs up on this part list :D

Plenty of OC headroom on the PSU and AMD CPU+GPU you can't really go wrong with that.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube