add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
qqamresh
  • 65 months ago

Guys, my laptop crashes and freezes at times. Also in the last one week it has slowed down considerable with a lot of pop-ups appearing everytime I open a new site or tab. Can you help solve the issue? I have virus scans but so far nothing has turned up. I use Norton Antivirus 2014.

Comments

• 65 months ago
  • 2 points

Download AVG and run a scan to see if you have any problems. The get adblock pro. Also, keep an orderly, organized download folder and only download from trusted sites.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah get something like AVG, and just a heads up, be careful with Avast. Our school uses it on all desktops and laptops, it often makes you restart your computer multiple times when it incorrectly boots up and doesn't seem to protect very well. Then again, our school may just incorrectly install it, didn't verify the product, or leaved us without the passwords needed to fully protect our computers. Regardless, I'd just do more research, I may work fine though, just pick carefuly. On the other hand, Adblock Plus, I also recommend getting it, I use it every day and works very well. By the way......... you didn't fall for the free minecraft act did you? :D

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

AVG works fine for me

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

AVG is simple and effective, it's my first choice.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

By the way, it seems like I heard you could use a sub account (non admin) and not have to worry about viruses, but you can't download (If I remember right) and you would have to do that on an admin account. Maybe you heard of this?

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

I had this issue in the past and after running malwarebytes and a bunch of other scanner something still felt wrong with it, running "hitman Pro" (you can buy it or just select the free one-time scan) managed to find the last remnants of malware, so certainly give that a try.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point
  • If familiar with OS installation, depending on extent of infection, it may be fastest to just backup any required data/settings, then clean install the OS and software.
  • If intent on cleaning the system, remove all unsafe and software that will definitely not be used via Progams and Features. Scan and identify all the virus, trojans, worms... with antivirus and anti-malware software. After list is complete, conduct a corresponding websearch for process for any malware that can not cleaned/removed by your antivirus and anti-malware. Depending on system's hardware and level of infection, set aside several hours for complete clean up.
  • 65 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree now that Norton is a bunch of crap. A few of my friends have suggested Quick heal antivirus. Anyone heard of it?

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

No.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Try to use some good antivirus like Avast,AVG or K7 etc., It is better to get paid antivirus instead of using free antivirus. Once you installed do latest update then run full scan your system.After full scan all the virus will be deleted.

Note: It is recommended to do regular updated to avoid up to date virus.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube