add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Gpu crash, compability issue?

Lento
  • 1 month ago

Hello, Not long ago I put together a build that I could afford and came out with this https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WvyFmg

I'm not that smart on pc stuff but somewhat know my way around. Before putting everything together I did a little bit of research to be sure if everything will work together and it does, kinda...

My Gpu kept crashing with bsod or just randomly froze and all I got was a black screen after which I need to hard shut down my pc. To be sure I checked around the net for information on this before taking it for warranty, but nothing helped so I did. Now that I have it back from warranty nothing much has changed, still crashes but haven't seen a bsod.

Could this be a compability issue from other components?

I have checked if psu wires aren't heating up since vega 56 is so power hungry and they're not, it doesn't even run that long for anything to heat up before a crash. A friend of mine gave me his rtx 2080 to test and everything was just fine.

I just want my pc to work but can't figure out what's going on..

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Could this be a compability issue from other components?

You can try using DDU to get rid of all driver files before reinstalling.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Newer AMD drivers are supposed to do this anyway but haven't always been on top of it.

And making sure your running the latest stable BIOS and chipset drivers.

AMD has been more focused on rolling out newer features and newer products then compatibility and ongoing support for existing features even on newer products.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for the reply.

I did run a DDU when was switching gpu's and again when switching back. And as far as I've checked, then everything is up to date.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

You can report the issues to AMD.

Sadly AMD has been really letting driver quality slide.

Issues since Vega FE reported several times.

https://youtu.be/pboDbxogSw4

AMD may still roll out fixes, but the Vega line is all end of production, so don't expect everything to be fixed.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Well that's bad. Thanks anyways.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube