add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Compatibility issue?

mpdummy
  • 1 month ago

Hi, I have a warning about a build I'm working on and I don't understand why.

"The Gigabyte Z390 M GAMING Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it."

I thought that psu was the right choice. Why not?

Thanks for your feedbacks

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

It means that that PSU doesnt have the extra 4-pin power connector that some higher end motherboards have. It is used to supply even more current to the motherboard if you have a VERY high end CPU (high core count/overclocked) or power hungry GPU . It will work without it but it depends on the cpu+gpu you are running and if you plan to overclock.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I will look at it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube