add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Ive made this parts list, but user benchmark has said that the Ram isn't compatible with the MOBO?

TheClonetruper
  • 1 month ago

I've tried looking up the compatibility but I've never run into an issue before so I'm not the most skilled at finding it. Could anyone help?

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nQwcgJ

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I don't see anything major. It's giving an "unknown" warning about the CPU Cooler or the RAM height dimensions may be ify depending what your CPU cooler is. Assuming you are using the AMD Wraith Cooler, you will be fine. Just be aware about your RAM's heatsinks are taller then your usual low-height or none heatsink RAMs out there.

Again it's not something major to worry about it. Just be aware about it is all. So if you were upgrading a CPU Cooler down the road then double check to make sure you have room to install such a cooler before purchasing a "new CPU cooler". Not saying you are now or will, only if you were down the road. And if not then nothing to worry at this time. You are in the clear regardless about the warning about a CPU Cooler/RAM clearance might be an issue if it was certain.

I'm also assuming it wasn't quite sure what the height of the RAM heatsink was between the CPU cooler since none (CPU Cooler) was selected but the Wraith Cooler will be alright. I do suggest to keep the AMD logo Wraith Cooler the opposite direction of the DIMM slots. In other words, where RAM will be installed, keep that AMD logo from the Wraith Cooler away from the RAM. To be on the safe side of clearances for RAM installation.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Are you sure there aren't any other possible conflicts? I don't know what C14 means in the description of the product, but that was the only thing I couldn't compare compatibility.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I'm very-very sure. Sorry. I'm not sure where you got a C14 description. All I see is this:

Compatibility Notes

Note: Some physical dimension restrictions cannot (yet) be automatically checked, such as cpu cooler / RAM clearance with modules using tall heat spreaders.

This is what I saw from your list so far. Unless I am mistaken.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor $208.15 @ B&H
Motherboard *MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard $229.99 @ Walmart
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum SE 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $379.99 @ Corsair
Storage Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $115.80 @ Amazon
Video Card MSI Radeon RX 580 8 GB ARMOR OC Video Card $189.99 @ Newegg
Case Corsair SPEC-OMEGA RGB ATX Mid Tower Case $146.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $119.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1390.90
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-17 21:30 EST-0500

I should have mentioned. Userbenchmark can be an odd duck so if this is where you are getting an error from. I am guessing something else is up on their end. But more importantly, if your computer is running alright so far then I wouldn't worry about userbenchmark if this is the error you are seeing from. But not sure exactly where you are seeing C14 at the moment.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Oh the RAM's C14? That's CAS latency 14. ( 14-16-16-16-36 for a manual overclock of the RAM AKA non X.M.P) So... what's wrong with the latency from the RAM? To be honest with you, I truly don't see any major issues with your part list. Not even the RAM but only be aware of its heatsink height but its OK right now. Thank you for clarifying about the C14.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Full honesty, I didn't know what C14 meant so thanks for clarifying.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

its overpriced but compatible

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor $206.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard $104.99 @ B&H
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $164.99 @ Best Buy
Storage Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $115.80 @ Amazon
Video Card EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB XC GAMING Video Card $509.99 @ Newegg
Case Corsair SPEC-OMEGA RGB ATX Mid Tower Case $146.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $119.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1369.74
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-17 23:11 EST-0500

really recommend you reconfigure your part list

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I know it's overpriced but honestly, I don't mind. I love the way it looks too much. Also, the MOBO you picked is a good one (I have it installed on another build) but I had trouble with WiFi cards on it and would rather have it integrated.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

understood. I just think you can put that $ into a WAY better GPU that will make a bigger difference

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Honestly, I have a better GPU that I can rip from another build if need be. But I do agree, it is a huge cost. I just fell in love with the look of this ram.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube