add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is the RX 5700 XT worth getting right now?

paulk345

28 days ago

It seems to be a great bang for my buck but I'm seeing that everyone is having problems with the drivers. Are the problems expected to be fixed or should I look elsewhere?

Comments

• 28 days ago
  • 3 points

Yes, No, and Maybe.

AMD has acknowledged some of the issues, others have been ongoing for years.

They finally started getting game engine level issues fixed, which to happen this far into a launch is unheard of.

Also the number of dropped known issues without fixes is unlike AMD's past handling of problems.

Now when and if they work they are a great buy, the problem is when and if, which at this kind of budget range is a pretty major downside.

If you have a Freesync 2/Ultimate monitor, only play AAA titles known to work with Navi, and don't mind the troubleshooting if there us a issue then go for it.

If you only have a normal Freesync/no frame syncing, play more then AAA titles, and would rather play games then tinker with software, just go NVidia.

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

Is nvidia much more expensive than the 5700?

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

Can be, really depends.

2060 Super falls slightly behind the 5700XT for around the same price.

2070 Super is faster but more expensive.

But they work almost all the time, and when they don't fixes roll out very quick.

• 26 days ago
  • 3 points

I have been using a powercooler Devil 5700xt for around 4 months now and the card has been fantastic . Haven't had any issues atall so far , I'm using a freesync 2 , 4k 60hz monitor . Play ark survival , forza horizon 4 , gta v , skyrim , battlefield

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/KX66Mp/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2060-6-gb-oc-video-card-gv-n2060oc-6gd

This is a very good purchase. Somewhere around GTX1080 in performance I believe.

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

I've been running the 5700 xt for about 3 months now and have had no issues. It's been a great card for me.

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

(Wonders on if the 5600XT will have issues)

• 28 days ago
  • 2 points

Both versions of the 5600XT are 5700XT with locked down core count and memory bandwidth.

Problem with reusing the same thing over and over is what effects one effects all.

• 26 days ago
  • 1 point

Good Q and good answers provided. What's up w/ the variation in pricing for this CPU? If you filter out the 3 cards from ASUS, you will see they vary widely in price ($369 for TUF, $459 and $535). All 3 have 4 or 5 star rating.

• 26 days ago
  • 1 point

AMD has been dealing with shortages of the Navi cores between poor yields for the top end XT model and inability to increase orders to get more cores.

• 23 days ago
  • 1 point

Hello guys! Do you think 5700 XT is going to be enough to power games for the next 2-3 years at 1440p?

• 28 days ago
  • 0 points

I rather spend the same for a bit less performance than buy something with known problems with no fix in sight.

It's already been 7 months.

• 22 days ago
  • 2 points

Agreed. Not to mention the featureset of nvidia cards as well.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube