add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can RAM with low MHZ cause BSOD?

NicoMan2240
  • 4 months ago

I'm not sure if this topic has been done yet but I recently upgraded my computer and used the same RAM from my old build.

Recently, after closing CS:GO or recording, my PC will BSOD with the error code: memory_management.

I've done the different troubleshooting and none of it has shown any errors. Is there a way to make sure I can try and fix it before purchasing new RAM?

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 3 points

It wouldn't have anything to do with the RAM speed, but you might have a defective stick or a bad memory slot on the motherboard. Also, try a full BIOS reset. I'd suggest a memory tester such as memtest86 to see whether you're getting memory errors.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I've done the memtest and I haven't gotten any errors both times I've done it. Would that push towards a defective slot on the MOBO?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

If you aren't getting memtest errors, to me that suggests a software issue, not hardware.

I suppose it could be a CPU problem but those are pretty rare.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

is your build listed in profile

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Try out those steps from the links below:

https://www.alphr.com/microsoft/1003155/how-to-fix-the-memory-management-error-in-windows-10

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/windows-stop-code-memory-management-bsod/

Start with the troubleshooting steps from the first link, and if that doesn't fix the problem try the additional steps from the second link.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

What zerk2012 said.... If the ram worked fine before chances are high they're still fine.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube