add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best GPU for my Rig

tataunka346
  • 1 month ago

Currently running this setup:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, B450M PRO-M2 Max, Corsair CX650M PSU

I'm wondering what the best GPU for my setup would be. Perhaps the top 3 choices so I have options. No budget restraints so any suggestions are welcome, but I'd rather not have to change PSU if possible since it's basically brand-new.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

The best GPU for you depends from the games you are playing in relation to the resolution of the Monitor - refresh rate - and graphical settings.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I'm looking to get the best out of my graphics so highest settings across the board would be where I'm at. Games I'm currently playing included Red Dead Redemption 2, Monster Hunter World, and the Witcher 3, with Cyberpunk being my next big goal. However, I'd like to shoot for something that will over perform as much as possible so I won't be looking at upgrading again for some time. Something that might be able to run alongside next gen consoles at least for a while essentially. In terms of resolution I'm currently stuck at 1080p unfortunately, but I'm heavily considering making the just to 4k in the near future if money allows.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

I would honestly consider the 2070 super or 5700xt cards. They'll perform very well at 1080p, highest settings. Easily over 100fps on most games. I'd consider looking at benchmark videos to justify this too. That said if you're looking for 4k then it's only good to get 2080 super and ti variants which you'd need to change your psu for anyway. Or just wait for the next iteration of big boy graphics cards later this year with rumours of high end amd and nvidia coming soon which will also need an upgrade on the psu you have.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

If I were to go for a 2080 what PSU would you recommend?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

RMX 650.

• 1 month ago
  • 0 points

I would say just to be safe, 850W but be careful which 2080 you choose. The general rule is the more powerful it is, the higher the power consumption it has too. So 2080-2080 super 850W. You'd be pushing it if you went for a TI varient with that PSU though.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Then consider a 5700 XT or better GPU, for 1080p/1440p.

The PSU is more that enough and decent.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube