add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New to watercooling, need some help getting info for a GPU block

derpybob
  • 1 month ago

Hey, I purchased a used 2080ti from another person online, I'd like to watercool it. There is basically zero waterblocks for it. From what I've gathered from searching online it's called a MSI GeForce RTX 2080ti Aero edition. It was taken out of a prebuilt computer and the part originates from China and is not in the US at all. Probably cheaper for the company that builds the pc to do it this way. My question is will just any 2080ti waterblock work or do I have to get the correct one for it? Also how well do "Universal GPU Waterblocks" work?

If anyone has any tips for watercooling hard tubing please let me know, I'm a complete moron that wants a cool looking computer.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

part originates from China and is not in the US at all.

Pretty much most components including GPUs are produced in China, Taiwan et al.

My question is will just any 2080ti waterblock work

No, different 2080Ti's have different PCB's so need to find the one specific for your model. The PCB and components on said PCB shift around so the water block will be milled accordingly. Usually the most popular models will get water blocks made to help ensure some ROI. Unfortunately that is largely a OEM model AFAIK and hard to buy one aftermarket, similarly not seen any PCB pics so not sure what is being used. Cursory glance at EK's configurator https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/ does not even list that model.

Would need to check on universal block's compatibility, but suspect the core would be okay of course, but need to make sure you properly cool the VRM section. More so on a 2080Ti given power consumption and what I suspect will be a less robust power delivery (so more heat for each component vs a more robust solution)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube