add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

GPU Fan Spinning

pcwildcat
  • 2 months ago

Just built a new rig. The network adapter is physically preventing one of the GPU fans from spinning. I plan to buy a USB network adapter to fix the problem but am wondering if leaving it like this tonight would be okay. Will leaving it like this cause the motor to burn out or cause any long term damage?

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Can you move it to another available slot? The size doesn’t matter, you can put an x1 card into an x16 slot, for example. Maybe you could provide pictures?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't think I can. I tried different configurations and could barely get both to fit. I was reluctant to try and put the GPU on the bottom slot because I thought it would make plugging in the f panel, usb, hd audio, etc. extremely difficult if not impossible.

And I'm not sure how to share photos on here. Would I have to share a link to them?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I would say just get a USB adapter. With an mATX board and a thick GPU, it is basically impossible to put it in there without interference. There could be some products out there that could help, like a PCI-E riser, but those cost as much as just getting a USB adapter.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the advice!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube