add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

which so i wont bottleneck

sealteam
  • 1 month ago

rx 5700 xt or RTX 2060 or should i go lower and the cpu i have is a amd 2700x and and tht is around 350 and tht isnt a blower

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

5700XT if you don't mind driver, crashing issues in some games. Your still going to bottleneck no matter what you buy EVERY PC ever made has a bottleneck.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

2700X can handle quite a bit, so I’d say the 5700XT.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Btw you can also figure out the best GPU/CPU for your CPU/GPU by looking up “best [CPU/GPU] for [CPU/GPU Model]”

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I looked online and it seems that the GTX 1060 6GB or higher is better, but since it’s best that the GPU is slightly more powerful than the CPU, I recommend a GTX 1070.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

The 2060 and 1070 have about the same performance. It depends more on the monitor resolution.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Really? For bottlenecking? I thought it was based on peak performance.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Their always a bottleneck. If your gaming in 4K you can put a 2080ti with that processor and the video card is still the bottleneck.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Yes that’s why I suggested just one model above the 1060. It’s better to use %100 of ur GPU while using less than %100 of ur CPU. Why not vice versa? Don’t ask me. Ask a forum site like LTT. Unless the GTX 1060 6GB is already slightly more powerful than the CPU the OP has, the 1070 is probably best. The point is not to completely eliminate bottleneck (as it is not possible), but to reduce it as much as possible.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

It’s better to use %100 of ur GPU while using less than %100 of ur CPU. Why not vice versa?

The reason you normally want the bottleneck as far as FPS to be on you GPU and not your CPU is because of a couple of reasons. For one, normally your GPU is the most expensive single component in you build. Second, graphical options on games can be tweaked to get more performance by lowering the load on the GPU. Most gaming CPU load does not have options to lower it.

Unless the GTX 1060 6GB is already slightly more powerful than the CPU the OP has, the 1070 is probably best.

This statement makes zero sense. I'm not trying to be mean, but trying to help you understand a bit better. You can't compare CPU "power" to GPU "power". Yes they both are processors, but work in very different ways.

The point is not to completely eliminate bottleneck (as it is not possible), but to reduce it as much as possible.

Yes, and no. People have to stop worrying about bottlenecking and start understanding the you by a CPU based on the FPS you want and buy your GPU for the graphical setting you want to run.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube