add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
BigT82
  • 1 month ago

Howdy all,

Trying to decide between the 2070 super or 5700xt for 1440p 75hz gaming.

It will be running with a ryzen 3700x.

Cheers.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

5700XT cheaper, less capable, driver/quality control issues continue.

2070 Super costs more, more capable, stable driver and quality control.

AMD has been experiencing quality control and driver quality issues for quite a few months now.

Basically pushing them into a cheaper but riskier choice that when it works properly is a great price to performance at this budget level.

You want to do some research into the titles/uses, and be able to test the card as soon as you can to make sure if it isn't working properly it can be returned/replaced.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

The 5700XT brings great raw performance to the table at a great price ($390-$430). The RTX 2070S offers better performance and unlike its competitor has better and more stable drivers. However, the latter costs upwards of $500 for minimally better performance. I would really just see what sync my monitor was, and consider my budget. Both cards are really great in my opinion.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

If you don't mind the price difference the 2070 Super is a better option, slightly more performance and more mature drivers.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I agree

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube