add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What Soundcard Will Fit This Motherboard

ChristianMX
  • 2 months ago

Yes, I know that expensive of a motherboard doesn't need a sound card most likely but I want one anyways as soundcards will always be superior than on board audio ever will be. My budget consist of $50 to $250 https://pcpartpicker.com/product/TBmFf7/gigabyte-x570-aorus-xtreme-eatx-am4-motherboard-x570-aorus-xtreme

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

External DAC/Amp > Soundcard

Speakers, Headphones, or Both?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Most PCI-E sound cards would only need a 1x slot, or bandwidth for one. Sure, you could stick that into an x16 slot, but that feels pretty wasteful.

Not sure where, but I did see something of an adapter/bridge that was likely made for mining with GPU's that would turn a PCI-e x1 into a USB 3.0 type to plug into the computer. Not sure if that's an option you'd want to entertain, or if you were hoping to keep it internal.

As for sound card recommendations? My use case and experience leans toward SoundBlaster, so for around $50~60, the Audigy Rx is the go-to choice, unless you need more specific outputs. Towards the high-end, unless you have a specific need for the extra hardware in the AE-9, either the AE-5 or AE-7 are fantastic premium options with plenty of outputs to support whatever it is you plan to drive on it.

That said, please don't neglect putting some good speakers to be driven by either of those choices.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube