add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Looking to build a gaming/streaming PC

hardmetal1

12 days ago

Okay, so really I dont have a budget for this build because I plan one buying the parts over time. I want to buy at least on PC part every check.

With this PC, I want something that can stream and play games with high quality and good frames. I don't need anything fancy, I just need something that gets the job done. I want to play and stream VR stuff too.

(This build is probably gonna cost an arm and a leg lol)

What I'm assuming is that I'll probably spend most of the money getting a good CPU & GPU. Those will probably be the last pieces I'm getting. I know the in between pieces like the case, and power supply wont be much if I'm just getting it one by one. I want to start this Friday getting the parts.

I don't want the budget to go over a thousand, but if that is what I need to stream and play games comfortably especially at the same time, then I'm cool with it.

I was broke during black Friday and Cyber Monday so I missed out on some deals. I'm not against getting used parts if they still work good to bring the price down a little.

Here's another build someone sent me. Let me know if I should go with that or change something. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xPX78M

Comments

• 12 days ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor $189.99 @ B&H
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard $104.99 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $59.99 @ Newegg
Storage Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $99.99 @ Amazon
Video Card Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB GAMING AMP Extreme Video Card $404.99 @ Amazon
Case Rosewill SPECTRA C100 ATX Mid Tower Case $59.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA BQ 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply $74.99 @ ModMyMods
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $994.93
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-03 18:55 EST-0500
  • 11 days ago
  • 1 point

How confident are you with this build? I'm gonna start buying parts Friday.

• 11 days ago
  • 1 point
  • the 3600, best price value mid range CPU.

• the strix B450, was a good deal, but now you should get the tomahawk max because strix price is higher now

• RAM, nothing special, Ryzen like fast RAMs.

• the Crucail P1, it's very fast

• the RTX 2060, the GPU with NVENC encoder you need to game and stream at the same time without slowing your CPU.

• Rosewill SPECTRA C100, looks nice for the price and you have many cable management solutions, also included with 4 fans and a mesh front panel for good airflow.

• EVGA BQ 650 W 80+ Bronze, enough for this build and future upgrades, I hope you will find one.

• 10 days ago
  • 1 point

How long would this build last before I need to upgrade? What parts would I upgrade?

• 10 days ago
  • 1 point

How long would this build last before I need to upgrade?

• 2 years, 3 years depend on usage.

What parts would I upgrade?

• 10 days ago
  • 1 point

Would I be able to reuse some of the parts or would I have to buy all new parts?

• 11 days ago
  • 1 point

this one is also a good deal with better futures and cheaper than the tomahawk max https://pcpartpicker.com/product/gMQG3C/gigabyte-b450-aorus-elite-atx-AM4-motherboard-b450-aorus-elite get this one

[comment deleted]
  • 12 days ago
  • 1 point

If you plan on gaming/streaming, get a 2700X, instead of a 3600 (you'll have more resources that you can use for encoding a stream)

GPU is overpriced, too, so I switched it for a newer unit

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor $227.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard $99.99 @ B&H
Memory *OLOy 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $48.99 @ Newegg
Storage Kingston A2000 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $54.99 @ Amazon
Storage Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.99 @ Newegg
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB Video Card $399.99 @ Best Buy
Case Metallic Gear Neo Silent ATX Mid Tower Case $51.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply $69.99 @ Newegg
Total $1003.91
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-03 19:08 EST-0500
  • 10 days ago
  • 1 point

Might follow this build. I'm gonna start buying parts tomorrow. I know if I want a good gaming experience, I'll have to dish out some money for the graphics card, but aren't there some good CPUs under $200 that's just as good, or I could get used?

• 10 days ago
  • 1 point

You can get a ryzen 5 and stream off the gpu, but it has to be an nvidia gpu

• 10 days ago
  • 1 point

How much are nvidia gpu's and would you set it up through stream labs or obs?

• 10 days ago
  • 1 point

Nvidia’s RTX gpus are as much AMDs mid-high tier ones. If you were ONLY gaming, i would go with the 5700 or 5700xt. However, because you are streaming, you should go for an Nvidia Gpu because it has NVENC coding which is far better than x264 which is cpu coding.

• 10 days ago
  • 1 point

Can you link one?

• 10 days ago
  • 1 point

Well, the Ryzen 7 is the best you’re going to get

• 12 days ago
  • 1 point

There's still a lot of rebates out there. I do recommend you try to get the CPU, motherboard, RAM, and PSU as close together as possible. You want to make sure you dont get a DOA part while you still have time to return it. You can power on the motherboard with just the CPU and RAM installed, make sure the CPU fan is spinning, lights come on etc, and then turn it off. The last thing you want is to completely assemble your computer after months of buying parts and then nothing happens when you press the power button because your motherboard or something was DOA.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor $189.99 @ B&H
CPU Cooler Thermaltake Contac Silent 12 74.33 CFM CPU Cooler $16.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard ASRock B450 Steel Legend ATX AM4 Motherboard $79.99 @ Newegg
Memory GeIL EVO SPEAR 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $57.99 @ Newegg
Storage Inland Premium 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $104.99 @ Amazon
Video Card MSI Radeon RX 5700 8 GB MECH OC Video Card $314.99 @ Newegg
Case Metallic Gear Neo Air ATX Mid Tower Case $51.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair RM (2019) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $103.98 @ Newegg
Total (before mail-in rebates) $983.90
Mail-in rebates -$63.00
Total $920.90
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-03 19:11 EST-0500
  • 12 days ago
  • 1 point

You mean try to buy them at the same time?

• 11 days ago
  • 1 point

At least close enough together so they're all within their return windows. This isn't the greatest video, but basically what I'm talking about doing to make sure they work.

https://youtu.be/R7RI4GEyktE

• 11 days ago
  • 1 point

They should work if I buy them new, right?

• 11 days ago
  • 1 point

In theory.... Go through reviews of almost any computer part and you will see a few that are 1 star for the part being DOA. Personally I just had a motherboard DOA on me a couple months ago, and I only found that out after fully assembling the PC. Luckily for me I bought all the parts within the same month, so returning it was easy. The not so easy part was troubleshooting it down to the motherboard, which would have been easy if I tested those ^ 4 parts together outside the case.

I only mention this because you are talking about buying a part every pay check, which could extend your time to acquire parts out to several months.

• 10 days ago
  • 1 point

How do I make sure it works before I buy it?

• 12 days ago
  • 1 point

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GXR4Mc

Best you'll get, designed around streaming + gaming.

• 12 days ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core Processor $162.99 @ SuperBiiz
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition 57.3 CFM CPU Cooler $39.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard $104.99 @ Newegg
Memory Team T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $56.99 @ Newegg
Storage Kingston A2000 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $54.99 @ Amazon
Video Card Asus Radeon RX 5700 8 GB STRIX Gaming OC Video Card $399.99 @ Amazon
Case Metallic Gear Neo Air ATX Mid Tower Case $61.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA BQ 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply $74.99 @ ModMyMods
Total $956.91
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-03 20:31 EST-0500
  • 11 days ago
  • 1 point

I'm starting to buy parts Friday, you think this will be a good build for gaming and streaming at the same time? I noticed some people have more expensive CPUs, just wanted to know if this CPU would hold up.

• 11 days ago
  • 1 point

The Ryzen 7 is a better streaming processor than the 3600, the 3600 also comes with the Wraith Stealth stock cooler which whilst it works is one I ordinarily try to avoid or upgrade where necessary.

The 2700X model is better than the 2700, however with a decent cooler the 2700 should overclock to nearly 2700X performance. The fact that the 2700X now costs $228, when it has been down to as low as $140 makes it very hard recommend at this price at the moment, (if it was at $180 or even a $190 then yes, but not at $228), this is why I'd suggest the Ryzen 2700 which is a very similar processor but isn't already overclocked and comes with a worse stock cooler, instead, but with a good aftermarket cooler as it still works out cheaper.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube