add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Build in a While - Intel Gaming/Audio Editting

somacomadreams
  • 3 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/somacomadreams/saved/hTxXvK

Hello everyone,

I had a build last me nearly 6 years and it's time for a reboot. Let me know if you see any obvious problems with my parts list. While they may show purchased, I'm happy to make changes at this point if they will save money and not loose too much performance or add on if I'm missing something.

Case recommendations welcome! Tempered glass and clean style if possible.

It will primarily be used for gaming, limited video/photo editing and just a daily workstation.

Just a little background, I have several HDDs at my house as well as a Samsung SSD so storage isn't an issue despite me only having one on order.

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

The parts are shown as already "purchased". I'm assuming this is incorrect?

If none are purchased, whats the budget (incl. display)?

Is 240hz gaming an absolute must or are you open to the sharper image (higher resolution) 1440p 144hz displays?

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

They are purchased, I am open to changing the display. The reason I ordered this one was that it was marked down 50% as refurbished ($300 w/tax). Would I be able to find something else in that price range with higher resolution?

Thanks for your help!

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

For an already purchased build - stick with it.

Specs-wise, it's a solid performer for gaming. All the parts perfectly compliment one another and nothing is short of quality/performance. With a K-modifier CPU, the AIO cooler may be a little overkill at stock but easily lends hand to overclocking possibilities.

As for the display, this ones down to user preference. Some competitive gamers will prefer 1080p with display refresh rates exceeding the 144fps limit. Hence your current model will suffice as it's capable of hitting 144-240fps. 1080p panels are still fantastic for gaming and place lesser demand on GPU resources opposed to 1440p higher resolution panels. These greater rendering demands are in excess of 35/40% hence 1440p, although does offer better visual quality, reduces FPS performance.

As for the Display model itself, i'm not familiar with this unit nor do I have any long-standing experience with any 240hz panels.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you so much! I can still send all this back with little to no cost to myself so I may consider the higher resolution panel as this may end up editing photos and video. My build still fairly fluid as I can send whatever is needed back. By the name, I was taking advantage of several deals.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube