add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
jm1gic

12 days ago

Just ordered my Ryzen 7 2700x, super pumped! I sold my other CPU too soon so I have been without my desktop for about week now. So my build will be complete... for a little while. Ram is the next thing to upgrade.

Just added a new power supply, CPU and SSD. Probably ram, and then maybe way down the line a new motherboard.

Comments

• 12 days ago
  • 2 points

I am contemplating the spelling of the word Fnially.

• 6 days ago
  • 1 point

are you?? I think it is swell haha

• 6 days ago
  • 1 point

Just to update. Got the 2700x in and installed. Haven't really been able to put it to the test, but everything booted up great! The fan is a little bothersome at this point. When I have the speed set to high (manual adjustment on the fan), the fan case vibrates a little. So I will leave it set to low and monitor the heat I guess.

• 4 days ago
  • 1 point

Is that the stock Prism cooler fan you're talking about? You'll eventually want to replace it anyway; you don't need anything fancy, but a Scythe Mugen 5 and similar $40-50-ish coolers will run cooler and quieter than the Prism. The Prism is pretty decent for a free stock cooler but it's not great.

• 3 days ago
  • 1 point

awesome, thank you!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube