add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What should I do?

Case5549

12 days ago

So I will be building a pc this weekend and I got the ASUS ROG Strix rx 580 with 8gb of vram. There are now reports of the rx 5600xt releasing in January. Should I ship the rx 580 back and get the rx 5600xt when it launches or just use the rx 580. I can always use my gtx 1050ti until then.

Comments

• 12 days ago
  • 3 points

What resolution do you play at?

The 580 is still an excellent low cost option and leagues better than a 1050ti. Keep in mind that the 1660 super is usually equal, better, or worse than a 580 depending on titles, so its still a good card

Also, do not rely on rumors of soon to be released products. Wait for them to actually be released and reviewed, compared.

There will always be something better being released and what you just purchased is already out dated the second you click buy.

That said, dont fall into the trap of you must buy and upgrade constantly.

The only reason to get a 5600xt from a 580 would be if you want to game at 1440p, since the 580 struggles there.

• 12 days ago
  • 1 point

I play at 1080p plus the model I got is really good at overclocking with a 3 fan configuration. Thanks for your input.

• 12 days ago
  • 1 point

What I am also thinking is how I have used my gtx 1050 ti for 2.5 years and it is playing my games at medium settings 70 fps so the rx 580 has double performance in speed and vram. This being the rx 580 should be able to play 1080p games at ultra at a pretty good fps or maybe even high settings at higher fps.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube