add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Open for suggestions: Dealing with opening where ATX PSU would go

dggoldst

13 days ago

Hi,

For some uninteresting reason, I built in a SG-13 but decided to use a tiny pico-psu instead of a ATX PSU.

So now I have two problems:

• A PSU-sized rectangular opening in the rear of the case
  • Nowhere to put the 4 pin connector that the power brick will attach to

IMAGE OF THE SITUATION

I don't really mind either of these things. It is in the rear and can't be seen from the room.

However, I thought it might be a fun to see what a case modder might do to clean up the situation a bit.

I have a Dremel, though no suitable metal mesh on hand.

Any bright ideas?

Comments

• 13 days ago
  • 2 points

Acrylic is way easier to work with then mesh for that kind of job.

Cutting holes in mesh well having it keep some sort of rigidity is nearly impossible unless you build a framework as well.

• 13 days ago
  • 1 point

Thanks!

Since I don't know the first thing about modding, what's acrylic and where do I get it :)

• 13 days ago
  • 2 points

Any store that sells glass should have it, or Amazon.

You might see it referred to as Lexan or Plexi-glass as well.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
Custom Source One LLC 1/8 th Inch Thick 12 x 12 Inches Acrylic Plexiglass Sheet, Clear $7.98 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $7.98
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-02 18:48 EST-0500
  • 12 days ago
  • 2 points

or get a psu backplate (3d print one if available)

should be pretty cheap (especially if you know someone or somewhere that has a 3d printer

• 4 days ago
  • 1 point

For those who are searching for 3D printable backplates with holes for the four pin pico-psu adapter, I found this:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1805454

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube