add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best DAC/Amp on the market for pc gaming whatever the price?

rosenberg_d_a
  • 3 months ago

I am looking for a DAC/Amp that is so good it costs like 16k. All the sites focus on 100 dollars to 3k dollars and I am having fun trying to find the good stuff but to no avail.

Can someone give me some suggestions so I can get one?

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

http://www.msbtechnology.com/DACS/select-features/

Not the most expensive but 80k. Presumably nice sounding.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

You're not going to like this, but I'll say it anyways. Unless you are a 15 year old with better than perfect ears, or a serious, experienced audiophile, you wont hear the difference between a 3k and a 16k amp. Especially once you get to a certain point on the digital side of things, more expensive cannot get better quality. But at the end of the day, it is your money, and you can do what you want

TLDR, IMO, 16k is too much for a dac/amp. if you want to spend that much, go ahead. But if I had 16k, i would spend about 5k on a dac/amp, and get something else with the rest, or even donate it.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

alright seriously, you can get a top of the line PC and a DAC that will do you fine for well under 10K

http://audio.teac.com/product/ud-503/

like this one is the highest end i would go for a DAC/headphone amp

diminishing returns are too real with audio, and pretty much any source is going to not sound better than what this can put out

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube