add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Audio Issues with Spotify and Discord

Goodperson5656

2 months ago

This happened literally 1 minute ago. I was doing some writing in Word, decided to listen to some Spotify and no sound. It worked fine yesterday. I use Discord Music Bots to play Music, no Sound. I can listen to YouTube Just fine though. Anyone know the problem? I have tried restarting Discord and Spotify, ending the tasks in Task Manager, restarting the PC, Re-Plugging My head set.

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

This is going to sound kinda silly, but try right-clicking the sound down in the taskbar, and selecting audio mixer. This will show you the levels for all programs, and I can get set wrong, and then you're looking all over for hardware issues.....

anyways, if that works, great, if not, let me know, and we can get things figured out.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Wait, did that work!?!

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes. Spotify and Discord were muted. I know right? I've pinned the app to my taskbar permanently now lol.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Make sure your headset is set as the default audio device.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube