add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Mobo 4 pin vs fans 3 pin connector

Dave22B

1 month ago

I have a three pin wire for my RGB fans and I’m trying to connect it to my four pin fan slots on my mobo. The three pin wire goes pin, pin, plastic space and pin. In that order. Is there any way I can connect this to my mobo.

Hope someone can help me on this!

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Which header are you talking about and which fan's do you have.

It sounds like your trying to hook up the RGB header for the fans to power the RGB element, likely an addressable one rather then the header which actually powers the fan.

In that it sounds like your fans are addressable in which case you need a Addressable RGB header on your board.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube