add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Monitor for 3440x1440 @ 100-120 fps: x34p vs pg349q vs aw3418dw

yliats
  • 4 months ago

Hello. I am about to build a PC for gaming and professional work (3440x1440 @ 100-120 fps) and my main dilemma is the monitor.

The options are (prices in my country):

*Dell AW3418DW (for 1140$)

*Acer X34P (for 1325$)

*Asus PG349Q (for 1343$)

The specs and prices are very similar, so any opinion will be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 3 points

I asked myself the same question about these monitors recently. I choose the Dell monitor for a few reasons:

1) Mostly because it looks much more professional and it doesn't have that stereotypical 'gamer' appear. It looks high quality and minimalist. 2) Cheaper price. 3) Dell warranty.

I only have a few superficial complaints:

1) the monitor stand takes up a lot of space, which I solved by using a VESA monitor arm. 2) it's pretty fkn HEAVY, which doesn't matter after you set it up. 3) I returned my first copy of the monitor because of the IPS glow is ridiculous. My second copy still has IPS glow but, because of the curve, you're going to get it no matter which one you buy. 4) the software to control the RGB is terrible, but you can also control this from the monitor itself.

I hope you have at least a 1080 TI if you're planning on running graphic demanding games at 60fps.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I plan to get a 2080 super. Thank you for sharing.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube