add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Online Stores Compensate Earlier Purchases On Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

Outsiders

2 months ago

This is an off-the-wall question but I was wondering if online stores such as Amazon, NewEgg, etc would compensate prices during Black Friday/Cyber Monday for recently purchased items?

Example... I purchase a Monitor for $300 today from Amazon. Next week on Black Friday, Amazon has the same Monitor for $225. Would Amazon compensate and refund me the $75 dollars or basically tell me to get lost and I'm screwed?

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

...I take it this isn't hypothetical.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe I could have worded it differently and no, I haven't purchased any monitors yet.

I'm just curious because I know a lot of computers parts don't always go on sale during Black Friday/Cyber Monday. So I was thinking of getting a jump on some of the items I want for my build because I'm seeing them at a lower price than usual.

So if I purchase some of these items this week and I see them on sale next week. Will online stores compensate me the difference if I show them I just recently purchased the item from them?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

All I can tell you is that I haven't received any money back from Amazon to make up for my spending an extra $20 before finding out Newegg's got a Black Friday deal on the part I bought.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I saw something from NewEgg that if you bought their Pre-Black Friday deals they would price match to the lowest black friday price afterwards etc. but I forget the wording and it is going to be store by stoer policy. I'm not finding it with a quick search though, maybe it was just for some specific items that came in my email and not a store wide thing.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube