add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Bottleneck question

BreadedVirus

26 days ago

Will the i59600k and the 2070 super cause a bottleneck?

My build as of now is a i59600k, RX580, 24GB 2400 RAM and a Crucial P1 500GB SSD.

Wanting to upgrade to a better GOU and was worried my CPU wouldn’t work well with the 2070 super...

Comments

• 26 days ago
  • 1 point

No it will be fine!

• 25 days ago
  • 1 point

Will the i59600k and the 2070 super cause a bottleneck?

In an absolute sense - Yes it will, there will be settings and resolutions that could enable you to hit the CPU bottleneck.

If you plan on gaming with 300Hz refresh rates I would probably rethink the CPU choice but that will largely depend on the title and researching benchmarks.

At 144Hz/165Hz or so you should be fine insofar as titles that are able to reach that limit (some cannot irrespective of what CPU or GPU you throw in there). Unless you are at the edge of current technology regarding high refresh rate panels I would not worry about it. Many newer games coming out are doing a good job of making a GPU like the RTX 2070 seem quite weak even at 1080p. Your performance for most titles will be limited by the graphics power of your card and the poor optimization of many PC ports.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube