add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Bsod after startup

yeetloaf

2 months ago

when i turn on my pc, it runs fine for a bit, then a blue screen, it says System_service_exception after it restarts it either does it again very quickly, or runs fine.

this is not really a major problem but it is quite annoying.

any help appreciated

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

The system exception error is usually a corrupt/outdated/missing/recognition driver issue.

Search "Device Manager" in the task-bar search field on the bottom left. Open and see if anything is marked with a compatibility warning.

When installing windows, was this done using a supplied media installation disk? Or was it a fresh install using MS installation media tools? Also after installation, have you attempted to update windows?

If you're using third party applications for peripherals or other external devices....you might want to uninstall them to narrow down the search. Or if this a fresh build with only windows installed the easiest and most convenient method would be a clean "Fresh Windows install" by creating your own USB installation media (using the MS Windows Media Creation Tool - an official Microsoft tool)

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

i made a disk and do not use 3rd party apps for peripherals

i have updated windows

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

i have updated windows

How about the graphics driver?

If you've tinkered around with BIOS configs prior to the error message emergence, it would be a good idea to pull up BIOS and set all parameters to "default".

As informed previously, have you checked 'device manager'?

If you fancy putting on your detective cap you might want to view the Windows Event Logger to see if you can locate any system/application error. Essentially use the system as you would normally and each time it crashes note the date and time. Two or three of these timestamps will be enough. Then right click 'start' and open "Event Viewer". Under 'windows logs" view the "system" and "applications" logs. Locate the date and timing of each crash and see if there's a common culprit preceding each crash. You can search the EVENT CODE / error or warning report online for a remedy. It may sound a little complex but it's very straightforward - QUICK DEMO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6fP8bV5Pb4

If all goes to pants, at this point, if you haven't installed a ton of stuff already, it would be easier to just opt for a fresh install of windows to iron out OS-based possibilities. If the issue persists after a clean install, I would look to update BIOS + chipset drivers (from your board manufacturers website). If that doesn't work, in the least, the previous steps help to narrow down the search to firmware-2-hardware comms where storage/memory are the common offenders, amongst others.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

i have updated all drivers (excepr mobo bios) and have not chaned the bios parameters appart from a bit of fan tuning which was done after it started)

i will try the others later today

[comment deleted]
  • 2 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks for showing me that website, i hope that what it says will work

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube