add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
adeoluy2k
  • 4 months ago

is there any software that makes cpu and gpu overclock easy........like one button press/auto overclock

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

some BIOSes have an EZ OC option. its rarely that good, but they're getting better. a manual overclock will still get you further. that only applies to the CPU. as for GPU overclocking, I believe its entirely manual. cards will boost up further if you keep them cooler because they'll have more thermal headroom.
at the end of the day, manual overclocking is the way to go if you want it done right.

• 4 months ago
  • 0 points

tear drop im too scared to do it manually :( my b450 bios has an ez overclock

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

well, to be completely honest, its not hard and hardly dangerous if you can understand one thing: to much voltage is what kills and generally, if you follow some basic guidelines, there is almost no chance that you'll kill it. for instance, if all you do is raise the frequency without touching voltage, you really cant hurt the chip. all you'll end up doing is making the PC BSOD if its too much frequency with not enough voltage. this will be annoying, but is inherently safe. if you want to get that frequency increase stable, then I recommend adjusting voltage a tiny bit at a time and not exceeding 1.4v for a daily OC. an exact maximum voltage is a thing of debate among overclockers with some claiming 1.4v on ryzen is actually too much for longevity past 5 years (and thats just one example). then again, I doubt you'll want to use your current chip 5 years from now anyway even if that is true. truth is, Ryzen doesn't overclock well anyway, so a moderate 4.0-4.2ghz OC is about what I would expect from most good chips from 2nd gen, 4ghz for 1st gen. GPU overclocking is pretty much foolproof if you use something like MSI afterburner. voltage is pretty well locked down so its basically next to impossible to kill your GPU like that. you can volt mod GPUs, but it requires knowledge of hardware and physical soldering, etc. its not something you would probably be doing.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube