add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

h100i fans constantly changing

GREENANTIX
  • 4 months ago

Hello, I recently took my PC apart and rebuilt it for fun, and I decided to use the included fan connections on the H100i, before I had the fans plugged into a separate header on my b450f gaming and was able to configure the fan speeds how I want them. Now that I have them all plugged into the CPU header the fans are ramping up and down I guess depending on CPU useage instead of temps. I have them set to balanced / silent in icue and still doing it. Should I just plug the cooler into the CPU header and the fans into a separate one (I'd rather not since its all buttoned and cables managed)

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

You need to connect the cooler into the CPU header, and then connect the AIO radiator fans to the two headers from the cooler. You also need to set the CPU header fans in your BIOS to 100% (to make sure the cooler is getting all the power it needs). Once you're done all of that, you need to make sure the cooler's fans curve is based on the coolant (liquid) temp, and not the CPU package temperature in iCue. My fan curve is set to 0% fan speed @ 30 degrees coolant temp, and 100% fan speed @ 45 degrees coolant temp. If you make the mistake of setting the fan speeds based on the cpu package tempts, you'll get the ramping up and down you're talking about.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome, all I've seen in icue is balanced extreme and quiet so far I'll hop in there and try to tinker some more. I turned qfan off and set it to 100% in bios which helped the throttling.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Glad I could help.

Also FYI, the Balance, Extreme, and Quiet settings are already based on liquid temp, but you can create your own custom fan curve, like I did.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube