add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Decent value GPUS

Hexbugspider

19 days ago

So at the moment, I have a ryzen 5 2600 paired with an rx580 8gb. Since I'm seeking more performance I would like to upgrade the GPU. My options are a used gtx 1080, new rtx2060 super or rtx 2070super. I play at 1080p and would like to stay above 75fps. In the UK a used 1080 can be had for around £300. A rtx 2060s at about £390 and a rtx 2070s for £480. Which would be better in terms of value, also would my cpu bottleneck any of these gpus?

Many thanks, Nick.

Comments

• 19 days ago
  • 1 point

I would check out the 1660 Super right around GTX 1070 performance for pretty cheap and can be bought new for 200-240.

• 19 days ago
  • 1 point

I think I'll get the amd rx5700xt instead. Would my R5 2600 bottleneck it at 1080p?

• 19 days ago
  • 1 point

Depends on the settings you choose and the title.

Just be aware on any 5700 series cards you need to check that they are properly working within the return window so you don't get stuck with one of the too common faulty cards.

• 18 days ago
  • 1 point

ah alright thanks

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube