add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help with the cpu and graphics card?

absolace

2 months ago

Which Graphics card and Cpu should i purchase in order to run fortnite at competitive settings, and still get stable 240+ fps? And with this im also looking to stream and play music and or youtube videos at the same time. Thank you for your help!

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Preferably a RTX TURING card for hardware encoded streams to free up CPU resources. This will deliver lesser performance impact on the gaming side. The RTX 2060 SUPER will be your best bet to secure 240fps on low settings (whilst streaming). The Ryzen 3600 is more than adequate to meet these demands

How much of an impact will multi-tasked workloads have on game performance is anyone's guess hence the following 2 options:

OPTION 1: A foot through the door - BEST VALUE:

• CPU: Ryzen 3600 / 3600X

• GPU: RTX 2060 SUPER

OPTION 2: If the budget is expansive - A LITTLE PRICIER:

• CPU: Intel i7-9700K. Faster single threaded CPU which gains favour in FPS performance + overclocking headroom if that's something you're looking to grapple with.

• GPU: RTX 2070 SUPER (should permit 240fps @ medium/high settings or just adds some additional headroom to compensate hardware encoded stream FPS deficits)

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Ryzen 7 3700x for its better and cheeper that i7 9700k and 2070super because rx 5700xt drivers are garbage right now

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube