add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Questions about PC Audio and headset audio.

rosenberg_d_a

25 days ago

I was wondering if USB headsets bypass the sound card in the computer with their own soundcard built into the headset. If so, then to use a separate soundcard for Audio, do I have to use my 3.5mm connecter on the headset plugged directly into the soundcard to get the soundcards superior sound instead of the headsets built in soundcard. If so, then basically if I have speakers and a headset and I want to reap the rewards of this soundcards superior quality, how do I alternate between speakers and a headset both with 3.5mm connector without going to the back of the computer to switch them out each time I want to change it?

Comments

• 24 days ago
  • 1 point

Another question. Let us say i have headphones and a mic and speakers that i want to connect to an external DAC. To switch betweem speakers and headphones, would the DAC have a switch to make it easy or is there something I can buy that lets me switch them off and on (turn off headphones and turn on speakers)?

Thanks

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube