add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need a better/Upgrade GPU (Help)

Dan_the_man9000

29 days ago

I want to upgrade my case and GPU because of my current GPU gets too hot on a 100HZ screen monitor, but im not sure what to get. Here is my build - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CPQYxG

Also, a case recommendation would be appreciated Perfabley Glass/RGB

Comments

• 29 days ago
  • 2 points

How hot does it get really.

And i would definitely add two intake fans on that Case.

• 29 days ago
  • 1 point

On Idle it's around 40C with 100hz, 50C when on 144hz. While gaming it ranges from 70C to 80C which I really don't like (Games like Apex, and Control) Only when I game on 60hz it ranges from 60C to 70C on apex. I'll also add another intake fan to the front of my case.

• 29 days ago
  • 2 points

Well normally it should run between 32°C and 73°C (idle and full load.)

So 70°C to 80°C at full load, isn't that bad with your system setup.

No front fan at all, is quite bad. lol

I suggest to buy two intake fans.

Those two.

Very cheap, and with a good SP (Static Pressure) rating for that price.

• 29 days ago
  • 1 point

Really? 80c seems scary af, I'll add 2 fans into the front tho :D

• 29 days ago
  • 1 point

Really? 80c seems scary

80°C with an OC should be OK on a RX 580, over that not that much.

So getting between 70°C and 80°C isn't that bad, considering you don't have any kind of airflow inside your Case.

And only one rear exhaust fan can't keep up with the heat that sums up from your CPU, GPU and motherboard.

So your GPU works pretty normal under those circumstances. lol

I'll add 2 fans into the front tho

Yes you should definitely do that.

That's a budget Case, so internal thermals shouldn't be the best around.

And without any intake fan at all, it gets even worse.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube