add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need some advice on a few things.

waldorbigbill

2 months ago

Question one. I'm doing a new build using a Zen 5 3600 and an X570p . I want to use it for 1440 gaming and photoshop editing. A friend recommend a Vega 56 or 64 but when I look at the specs the 5700 or the 5700xt seems to look better in specs department yet my friend still insist the vega is a better way to go because he stated vega is 2x the processors works 2x the amount of data than TX but to be honest I'm not too familiar with pc components. Could anyone please explain to me the differences.

The second question is I noticed a lot of different brands for the same items motherboard, video card what is the best way to filter out which one to get? For example the X570p I went with just because of cost it was $127 yet there are like four other models at various price points. Now having the same issue with Graphic cards. My current one is a sapphire 7950 and has served me well over the years. Now not only having to decided what model I want I must also pick a brand. I just want the most bang for my buck. I do not plan on doing any overclocking otherwise I would go with different PSU and MOBO. Thank on advance for any help you can provide.

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, thank you for your insight. I have researched a few other and they all say the same to me they 5700 series is a better choice over the Vega series. Also I learn something new and if yopur like me you might want to know this also.

The Dunning-Kruger effect is a type of cognitive bias in which people believe that they are smarter and more capable than they really are. Essentially, low ability people do not possess the skills needed to recognize their own incompetence. The combination of poor self-awareness and low cognitive ability leads them to overestimate their own capabilities.

The term lends a scientific name and explanation to a problem that many people immediately recognize—that fools are blind to their own foolishness. As Charles Darwin wrote in his book The Descent of Man, "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge."

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

low ability people do not possess the skills needed to recognize their own incompetence.

Hmm, that explains a lot that I see going on these days.

As for similar parts, with similar abilities, I usually go with : a) A make/model of something I have used before that has reliably performed over time b) What a consensus of reviews/user comments have to say. Specifically when comments mention the part's pass/fail vs benchmarks that are universally recognized.. otherwise, yes, most similarly equipped items can be judged on the best price. For me, anyway.

[comment deleted]
  • 2 months ago
  • 1 point

True to that and I don't take it as disrespect. The whole reason for me even making a post is because I don't understand it and the person telling me one thing and the data says another. I'm a firm believer if you ask 10 people you will get 10 different answers most times but more importantly, it will open your eyes to a clear picture of what is going on.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube