add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Will a 9600k bottleneck a 2070 super

DoNotStart

2 months ago

Im looking at the msi 2070 super ventus oc and I need to know if my i5 9600K will bottleneck it.

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Depends on what settings your using for quality and resolution to reach whatever frame rate target you want.

There isn't a fixed answer since your the one in charge of the settings. So you'll always be able to switch which part is limiting performance.

What you should be looking at is if the parts have acceptable performance for what you want.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Im going for 1440p 144fps and i guess the quality will depend on the game

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

1440p@144hz is rough to run.

You actually hit higher quality settings at 4k on a 60hz monitor because of how many less pixels your pushing.

And more then a few titles any CPU struggles to push frame rates that high.

So don't be surprised if the settings end up lowered more then you might think.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube