add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Case geared to photo editing & integrated SD mem. card reader slot, recommendations?

DaveHCA

8 days ago

Hello out there ... am looking to see if there are any premium PC cases out there (e.g. Fractal, Origin, etc.) that have an integrated SD card reader slot, or better yet multi-card reader slots or cases that support same. Am a novice builder and also need direction on what motherboards support this type of function (photo memory card readers). Currently running an 8 to 9-year old Gateway 'gaming' type machine that has integrated card reader slots...not sure if it's at all upgradable.

Machine will be primarily used for internet browsing and photo editing but also reading a combination of both CF & SD memory cards, ideally without having to use an outboard card reader.

Regards, Dave H.

Comments

• 8 days ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I have an old gateway with that too, its handy but in the control panel of the case so can not really use it elsewhere. You can buy readers to go in front slots of PCs iirc they are not expensive. Then you need a case with external drive bays to do that. IDK about cases with that maybe but I've not seen one, but if you use a drive bay type you can still have a good selection of cases to choose from. In fact I put a usb3 card and 3.5 drive bay panel in that gateway to get usb3 on it for backups. My case is a diypc silence and has 2 5.25 bays, one I put a DVD and the other could be a control panel for something.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube