add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Star Wars questions everyone but me knows the answers to.

Siwini

8 days ago

1. How does Princess Leia know to appeal to Obi Wan for help?

2. Who or what are stormtroopers? Are they robots or androids or some race of beings or what?

Comments

• 8 days ago
  • 5 points

How does Princess Leia know to appeal to Obi Wan for help?

General Kenobi years ago you served my father in the clone wars...……..

The message that R2D2 plays explains it.

Who or what are stormtroopers? Are they robots or androids or some race of beings or what?

Simple answer clone trooper training carried over to conscripts.

Complex answer varies now that Disney picks and chooses what EU/legends canon they follow.

• 8 days ago
  • 1 point
  1. So Obi Wan served with Darth Vader before "The Dark Side" days? (don't go very deep, I'm not even going to try to get the whole story line straight.)
  • 8 days ago
  • 1 point

Darth Vader is Anakin Skywalker who was Kenobi's apprentice.

Edited out spoilers as you seem to have missed a ton of the storyline.

• 8 days ago
  • 2 points

Ok, but she says served my father, so Anakin Skywalker was a higher ranking general? (here I go down the rabbit hole)

• 8 days ago
  • 4 points

her adopted father bail organa

• 7 days ago
  • 2 points

This. She didn't know that Vader was her father yet (and George Lucas didn't either)

• 5 days ago
  • 2 points

At that point of the story (assuming you watch things in release order) neither Luke or Leia know much about their real parents and she wouldn't bother splitting hairs, and obi-wan wouldn't be confused about who she was referring to. Especially since he's part of the plot to keep their true parentage secret to protect them.

Leia was raised on Alderaan since she was an infant, so her adopted father is her father in every sense of the word aside from genetics, so she would refer to him as such in nearly any conversation or context. Especially at that point where she doesn't learn Darth Vader is her father until later, and she doesn't reveal she knows she's adopted until that point in time (and there's a bit of a continuity issue with that scene and events presented in Revenge of the Sith anyway).

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

OH! You're saying she was talking about her adoptive father, not knowing she was adopted. That makes a little more sense. But then comes the question, was Obi Wan kind of shadowing Luke awaiting developments? No I'm not going there, it's getting convoluted and I'll have to unravel the whole thing and I don't want to invest the energy and.... Thank You

• 8 days ago
  • 1 point

Best to watch the movies or read the books for a better idea of what happened.

But Jedi lead one side of the clone wars armies.

• 8 days ago
  • 1 point

I've seen 3 or 4 of the movies, the first one during its opening, the other's maybe or not in sequence. Unlike the Tolkien storyline, Star Wars just doesn't pull me in. Anyway I read some of a wikipedia article about how Anakin became so highly honored in the "Light Side" military and what happened to him, so I'm good. Thank You.

• 8 days ago
  • 2 points

“Who or what are stormtroopers? Are they robots or androids or some race of beings or what?”

The canon is too inconsistent for me to really tell you where the people came from, but there’s some interesting inspiration for the name. I suppose George Lucas really wanted to make them out to be the bad guys.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stormtrooper

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturmabteilung

• 7 days ago
  • 2 points

So Bail Organa was Leia's adopted father. He was a senator in the Galactic Republic before it became the Galactic Empire. During the Clone Wars He ran several humanitarian missions to planets occupied by the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Planets such as Cristophsis and Ryloth. And General Kenobi was one of the Jedi He worked with.

During the start of the Empire, the Clone Troopers served as the Empire's military. A few years in the Empire they started recruiting from the local populous. Eventually the Clones were phased out or took up instructor roles. By the time of the Galactic Civil War most clones were retired. Because of their genetic programming they aged at double the rate of the average human. So by the time they were 22 years old they were no longer fit for battle. A few still served as instructors for new recruits. And some such as Captain Rex, actually joined the Rebel Alliance. But a few Clones still served even into their late 20s and early 30s. Even though they were physically in their 50s and 60s. But at that point 99% of the Storm Trooper Corps were volunteers from the Empires citizens.

EDIT: If you want to watch the series for cheap, Disney+ releases in a few days. If you do. The watching order for new comers is usually episode 4, 5 and 6. Then watch 1, 2 and 3. As 1, 2 and 3 are prequels and made after 4, 5 and 6.

• 7 days ago
  • 1 point

There's a treasure trove of Star Wars knowledge here https://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/tagged/star-wars

• 7 days ago
  • 1 point

I'm not really into it, but the questions have always been in my head ever since seeing the original movie back in '76. (could've been '77)

• 4 days ago
  • 1 point

Storm troopers are the remnants of the clone army. But since when the clones were first engineered on kamino, they were designed for quick ageing so they could produce them quickly. Because of the destruction of 2 death stars and heavy loss of life, many of the original clones had died and the first order began recruiting people at a very young age(Toddlers) and train them for unwavering loyalty to the order.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube