add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help setting up new monitor!

ct31390

2 months ago

My parts list- https://pcpartpicker.com/user/ct31390/saved/MYfHBm

I bought this new LG monitor knowing that I would need to eventually upgrade my GPU. I have seen others post that they would get around 30fps in most games at good settings. I am getting 10 on the game I play the most, Escape From Tarkov.

Could anyone here help me configure my PC to make it at least playable? I have changed so many settings to make it work with little change so I am in over my head.

Something definitely to note, When I boot my PC for the first time of the day, the game tears on the screen really bad. After I reboot the game and sometimes my PC several times, the game will work flawlessly for the rest of the day until I turn the PC off for the day. This part has me extremely confused because several times I have played so far in 1440p without issues and 50fps frame rate.

Any suggestions would be welcome! I am also looking in to a new GPU, I want one that will have no issues with 1440p and 144hz refresh rate. Suggestions on that will be nice as well!

Thank you!

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

The parts list is private so we can't see it right now. :(

without seeing it, the main suggestion I'd have is to use some sort of hw monitoring software to confirm what is holding back performance for you. (msi afterburner is a popular one that a lot of people use, including me)

for things sometimes working well and sometimes not my initial thought is to check background processes that might be using system resources at the same time when having difficulties.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

It should be public now!

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah that's a driver/windows issue, make sure everything is up to date and maybe try a DDU and re install the adrenaline drivers.

An rx 580 8gb should have no issue running 1440p at some reasonable settings, not max 144hz but at least 60 to some degree.

As others have stated check background apps too. Worst case back everything up and reinstall windows.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

The RX 570 should be able to achieve 60fps+ @ 1440p with a nice mix of medium/high in-game settings.

If you're seeing huge fluctuations in performance:

1. Make sure the GPU driver is up-to-date + Windows updates

2. EFT chews the living daylights out of CPU resources. You'll want to make sure your CPU is running optimally (achieving it's rated boost clock). The stock cooler is sufficient but you can untap some additional performance with a $30 aftermarket cooler. Also make sure you've enabled the memory XMP profile to shoot past the default 2133Mhz mem speed. The CPU's boost range is highly reflective of memory speed hence you'll want to make sure you're hitting the modules rated 3200Mhz frequency. Also make sure you have both memory sticks installed in the correct dimm slots to maximise memory bandwidth and lesser latency.

This part has me extremely confused because several times I have played so far in 1440p without issues and 50fps frame rate.

1. When experiencing significant dips in performance, are you checking background processes (other running applications/services/etc) which may be a culprit?

Any suggestions would be welcome! I am also looking in to a new GPU, I want one that will have no issues with 1440p and 144hz refresh rate. Suggestions on that will be nice as well!

RX 5700 / RTX 2060 SUPER / RX 5700 XT / RTX 2070 SUPER are great cards for higher refresh rate gaming @ 1440p.

There are better options available but not the best of value (actually, more realistically put "way too expensive" unless the wallet is candidly indulgent).

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you perform regular maintenance on your PC?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fejW_DVBC3A

What storage drive/s do you have installed? How much free space do you have left ?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Try running 'Clean Boot' for a few days or before gaming to see if that makes a difference.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/41804-perform-clean-boot-windows-10-troubleshoot-software-conflicts.html

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube