add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need Recommendations (KB)

braedenlehew
  • 3 months ago

So, upon the mention of Black Friday a few days ago my mom asked the inevitable question, "well, what do you want for Christmas?" As mortified as I am with the rest of the Internet at the mention of Christmas in November, I replied happily with the thing I'm missing from my setup currently: a nice keyboard and mouse. My mom was really out of her comfort zone looking for a solution for this request, so she said I should pick ou things myself and send her links.

I already have the mouse sorted out, and I think I'm going with the Anne Pro 2 in white (I'm thinking Gateron Reds for switched, I'll take recos here too) for the KB, but I think I'd like custom keycaps for WASD and perhaps E,R,F,Q, Space, etc... but alas I'm out of my comfort zone here too. Here are the questions I have for you guys;

1 - There are two listings for the Anne Pro 2 on Amazon, one by Obinslab and another by Corn. I'm assuming the Obinslab is the real one? Probably a stupid question but it's still one I need answered

2 - Where can I get high-quality custom keycaps? By custom I mean a color/design on a keycap that's compatible with the switch on the Anne Pro 2

3 - If there's any other keyboards that you guys would meet my needs better, please share.

That's all, replies appreciated.

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

Guys? I need help

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

What is your budget? Because there may be better keyboards, and if you don't want to deal with things like figuring out which is real, I would recommend buying from Newegg. If you are sure you want to buy from Amazon, I would watch out though because there are some fake Anne Pro 2s out there. I don't know much about customizing the Anne Pro, but you can get a keyboard from https://www.wasdkeyboards.com, which are very customizable, and if you get it from that website, it is sure to be legit. If you really do want the Anne pro 2, try https://mechanicalkeyboards.com, as they specialize in mechanical keyboards, and sell the anne pro 2.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I have $150 for the keyboard and the keycaps. I know I want a 60% mechanical keyboard in white, and I was just under the impression that the Anne Pro 2 was the best keyboard that checked all these boxes. Do you have any recommendations? Thanks for the reply

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, the obinslab Pro 2 is the one to get (if you like that)

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

The obinslab Anne Pro 2 or a different kb?

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, the obinslab keyboard (they’re the original manufacturers)

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Additionally, do you know where a good source for keycaps might be? I appreciate all the help

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Well if your budget is $150, you might like the Ducky One 2 mini. You can't go wrong with it, and it had a sudden spike in popularity due to streamer Tfue. It is compared with the anne pro 2 a lot, but a bit different. For one thing, if you like wireless keyboards, definently go with the anne pro 2. it seems to me that the ducky has more options for switches, but i dont know for sure. it also depends on your hand size. if your hands are larger, go for the ducky. the anne pro 2 is a bit smaller.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I've heard it's good, but I liked the extra customization options with the anne pro 2. Not to mention the one 2 mini doesn't come in white.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

There is actually a new model of the one 2 minis that is all white. you shouldn't worry that much about customization options as both use the exact same size keycaps.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube