add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Bumblescrum

1 month ago

Trying to part with my 5930k. My motherboard crapped on out me and I needed to get my pc up and running immediately, so it was easiest for me to get a readily available mother board that was 1151 socket sized. I am asking 350$ for this since it was never overclocked and is in like new condition. I'm basing the pricing off the fact that I saw refurbs going for 370$ and brand new ones selling for 500-1100$ depending on the retailer.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I would completely ignore the retail pricing of extremely old parts as they do not reflect real value very well. Refurb is also different than used. The going price on ebay, craigslist, and offerup is right around $130 USD, which is pretty fair. Unless you can prove that the cpu was never overclocked (not exactly a big deal anyway), it will be worth basically the same as the other used CPUs.
Also, please dont think I'm saying this to get a cheap 5930k because I honestly already have a newer i7-9700k (and am pretty sure im moving to ryzen for the 12 and/or 16 core CPUs.)

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the info.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube