add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Options besides Corsair K55?

ScottMuc
  • 3 months ago

So I'm getting a keyboard for work and the only thing about the K55 that I'm not crazy about is the membrane switches, but I don't do a huge amount of typing so I may end up just getting it anyway depending on what some other options are.

Things I need: A few dedicated programmable macros (5 or 6 is plenty, but this is essential), a numpad, quiet switches, dedicated media keys (would be nice but not an absolute necessity), pricing similar to the K55 (around $50ish), a not-at-all-gamer-aesthetic because I don't want it to look stupid in the office lol

The K55 has all of this really except for the membranes, so I'm just curious if there's any other options that have this kind of feature set. Any suggestions?

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/mDYWGX,R3KhP6,64Jtt6/

Here are three that I found that are in that general price range and may work for you.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you know what blue switches are? More specifically, Outemu Blue? They are the LOUDEST, CLICKIEST, most ANNOYING switches on the market. Otherwise... I guess it's a decent recommendation.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube