add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How much is my PC worth?

atomicb

2 months ago

I am looking to sell my PC that i built about 6 months ago. I've barely used it but just dont have a need for it anymore. Here is a list of the parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/atomicb/saved/#view=qxkMcf . This values it at $715 to buy the parts and I understand that a good amount of that will be taken off considering I will be selling it used, but how much is it worth used to sell?

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

real value?
2600: $90
B450 ITX: $90
2x8GB non-RGB 3000mhz: $50
250GB SSD good quality: $30
2TB HDD: $30
1050 2GB: $50
reasonable micro ATX chassis: $30
cheap non-modular PSU: $20
you're looking at a likely scenario of about $400 give or take. ebay may give you more, but you also loose 10% to ebay and 2.9% to paypal. local sales are better, especially because shipping heavy bulky PC's can be expensive. I'm going to say $400 is a pretty reasonable offer for here, though on ebay I would ask $500 and you could probably get it. overall this is a fairly good build on the lower mid-end. nothing stands out as terrible. if windows is on it, that would be a bonus.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

This above advice: PRICELESS!!

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

its not really just advice, its a price estimation. these are used parts as you may well be aware. Not sure what you meant by priceless.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Think MasterCard commercials lol. You know.. the itemized price list, this advice: Priceless. For everything else, there's MasterCard. I was trying to be witty and compliment you at the same time. Ah, sorry man my bad.. carry on.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

the way you said it sounded odd i suppose. I always try to make an itemized list in order to break it down for people who might otherwise wonder where my estimates are coming from. If you meant it like that then haha, thanks! Don't feel bad just because I didn't understand you. thank you for the explanation.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem, all is good :)

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the response! I really appreciate the insight. I do have windows on it as well, would that raise the price by much?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah a little bit, but only if its activated. I would say it would probably add ~$40-50 to the value. this is only true if its windows 10 though as support for windows 7 or before is meh at best and windows 8/8.1 sucks in general.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Gotcha okay, thanks so much!

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I am going to try to sell it all together, just because that will be more simple and easy for me, sorry!

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube