add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Svchost Malware unable to be removed, please help!

johnsmith101

1 month ago

A few days ago i installed something i shouldn't, and a lot of programs were installed, and my web browser settings changed. Fortunately with the help of Zemana Antimalware i removed most of them, but i have found problems with Svchost. when i search for Antivirus software on google, or i run any antimalware programs i have, they freeze, and task manager says they are suspended. I have searched online and most say to delete svchost outside of system 32, but all the svchost.exe are coming from the one exe file. I have no idea what to do and im terrified my details are being stolen, can anyone help please? I don't know what to provide so ask if you need more info 9Apps APK CartoonHDAPK

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 3 points

if you can't get anything else working, backup only those files you know are completely safe onto a portable hdd or usb stick. wipe the entire hard-drive, reformat it, and then do a clean install of windows.

• 23 days ago
  • 2 points

Not sure why this was downvoted. At a certain point it is easier and faster to wipe the drive and start over. It is just an option after all. Not necessarily the first option you'd do. But it's nice to have it in your back pocket in case trying to recover the system becomes a timesink.

• 26 days ago
  • 2 points

first off, disconnect the PC from the internet and don't let it back on the internet until you're sure all the malware is gone

1: run malwarebytes, see if it picks up anything

2: if it doesn't, go into safe mode and try again

3: if that doesn't work you could try booting to a linux system like Lubuntu, it runs off a USB drive. it would let you look through your windows install and pick out individual things to get rid of, plus you could probably scan with malwarebytes or something similar from Lubuntu

that's the general stuff i would try first, before you try deleting any svchost files

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I had something like that years ago, it was not svchost it was something that made that come up. Unfortunately I can not recall the details. It ended up not a virus it was malware/etc. Also do a cleanup they can hide stuff in startup or internet files that comes back even though it may be harmless.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

put antiviruses on a usb, boot into safe mode, plug it in, run the antivirus softwares. if it doesnt work, backup, or reinstall ur os after extracting ur files.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube