add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How do you actually remove a virus

strigoi1489

3 months ago

So i scan my pc regularly. How do I actually remove a virus? I never get any bad scans. I use the free version of aveua. I did a scan once. Nothing bad showed up. Then I took it to my it guy and he said i had a bunch of viruses. What Im asking is what do I need to do this myself. Do i need to pay for software?

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

What Im asking is what do I need to do this myself.

Use a decent antivirus and anti-malware software.
Plenty of reviews/charts available on the internet.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not in an expert in security but I would probably first, scan it now Windows Defender, do an sfc /scannow as they may be corrupted files like utilman.exe, this is is just my opinion.

If it's just a common virus I would of assumed it would be easy to remove, by using Malwarebytes.

If it's a more developed trojan I would of assumed you'd need to wipe your drive.

If it's like (i don't even know if this is relevant) "super rat virus" probably a new pc.

Or who knows, the guy who suggested you have loads of viruses could be lying to grab cash off of you.

I'm no expert, just posted on this forum once, which is this one

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

get the free version of malwarebytes and reboot into safe mode and scan your system with malwarebytes.

you need to identify what is considered bad guys then take action

never heard of "aveua"?? did you mean Avira?

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube