add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How much could I sell my pc for?

fishsticks11

1 month ago

Hello, I am planning to sell my gaming PC. Here are the specs: Intel core I7 6700 (stock) Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212 Cpu cooler MSI GTX 1060 OC (OCV1, single fan) GA-H110M-S2V DDR3 motherboard 16 GB Ram 1TB HDD Kingston 240GB SSD NZXT S340 Case Xilence PSU ATX2.3 500W + Samsung 32-inch Curved LED Monitor/TV (LC32F391FWNXZA) + HyperX Alloy FPS keyboard

Would it be better to sell the pc and the monitor + keyboard separately or as one? It's my first time selling a used pc so I really appreciate all of your help with the pricing nuances. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 3 points

if you are building a new pc, keep the monitor and keyboard. If you are switching to console/not gaming anymore, keep them anyway

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

sell the monitor and the pc seperately. keep the keyboard. always good to have a spare if needed. if you are building a new pc, then keep the monitor. for price, just put together a parts list on the site, and then knock some cash off, depending how long you've had it for/how outdated the hardware is.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I hate to say this but you made a MAJOR mistake with your build. You got DRR3 RAM and if its not DRR3L RAM it will damage the IMC and kill it eventually. Plus the PSU is questionable at best. This is going to really hurt the value of the build. Also not sure if it has a 6GB or 3GB card.

I would say about 200-250 since the person who is buying is taking a risk on the CPU dying and should replace the PSU ASAP.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

not sure about this one, but @OP would definitely buy for $300 at least if you wanted to sell as I need a system for a minecraft server and this would do nicely. $400 would be my best offer.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

oh ****, you're right. well, I suppose I would offer $300 as a courtesy, but dang. i had no idea that this was the case. I do pay via paypal or cash if local.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Yeah a lot of people weren't aware of this. They just saw DRR3 and thought that any ole DRR3 RAM will work in it. I can't tell how many times I had to point this out to people who thought they were saving a few bucks by reusing their DRR3 RAM.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

That ddr3 issue its voltage related and all articles about that were pretty biased in 2015. It was Intel who leaked that after ddr4 reached the market. Convenient. The news were that this was probably to encourage the ddr4 sales.

Supposedly the ddr3 1.5v was too much, and that would damage the IMC and kill the processor overtime. But this was not an issue for the overclockers at the time, who ran 1.5/1.65v for months, at least nothing major was said.

And they failed to mention that a lot of ddr3 modules were running at 1.35v default already.

I'm sorry to intrude guys, but I felt the need to provide more information.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

That ddr3 issue its voltage related and all articles about that were pretty biased in 2015. It was Intel who leaked that after ddr4 reached the market. Convenient. The news were that this was probably to encourage the ddr4 sales.

I'm not one to support conspiracy theories without some proof.

Supposedly the ddr3 1.5v was too much, and that would damage the IMC and kill the processor overtime. But this was not an issue for the overclockers at the time, who ran 1.5/1.65v for months, at least nothing major was said.

Short term reliability != long time reliability.

And they failed to mention that a lot of ddr3 modules were running at 1.35v default already.

Only DRR3L modules ran at 1.35V. "Normal" DRR4 ran at 15.V-1.65V.

• 1 month ago
  • 0 points

I'm not one to support conspiracy theories without some proof.

• I was already old enough to be in the middle of that story and aware of what was happening, enthusiastic overclocker at the time. The proof was the systems that ran like that for years, and still.

Short term reliability != long time reliability.

• Same answer as above.

Only DRR3L modules ran at 1.35V. "Normal" DRR4 ran at 15.V-1.65V.

• (Don't get why you spoke of ddr4 voltage) There was already ddr3 modules (not ddr3L) that ran at 1.35v at the time, when the news just talked about ddr3 1.5v, and how that damaged the system.

I'll drop this Sir, Op will not gain anything from this as we are getting out of the main subject Have a good weekend.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube