add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Equalizer programs?

Bazzed

3 months ago

Hi,

im using a arctis 5 from steelseries, is it enough to use steelseries engine to change the settings? Or shall i use someting like equalizerAPO?

Cant really locate footsteps in fortnite..

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

The Peace equalizer is pretty good, as it interfaces with the equalizerAPO. There will be some pre-set options in Peace that you can utilize, but I typically manually move the sliders for balancing.

An additional setting to double check is between whether the audio output is going to the Arctis(game) or Arctis(chat).

I have the Arctic 7, and I didn't realize that they were two different options until I played Apex and the sound was coming in mono rather than stereo, thus I had no directional hearing. The Arctis(game) setting is the actual stereo one, whereas the Arctis(chat) is mono only. By changing the default playback option and adjusting the little dial that comes with the headset, you should be able to have good surround sound gameplay.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube